Wednesday, September 4, 2013

yoga jenga

I bought a regular Jenga set, and then, with a sharpie, wrote a yoga pose on each block. I wrote it in English on one side and in Sanskrit on the other. This is great for the older kids who can read well. They like to try and pronounce Sanskrit and usually laugh at the funny sounding words. For my non-readers, I also drew a picture next to the English word, so they could figure it out.

Then, it's just like Jenga. We draw a block, trying not to knock the tower over, read the pose and do it all together. When they do knock the tower over, we have to hold plank for 30 seconds! 





They love this game and it's an amazing way to get them familiar with the names of each pose. We can do over 30 poses in a short time.



1 comment:

  1. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post. yoga clothing

    ReplyDelete